Power of Effective Decision Making
As heard on CD & interpreted by me from RPM planner from Tony Robbins
All decisions should be put on Paper
- State your Purpose
- Clear about what you want
Decisions are made based on Probability
All decision making is Value Clarification
Problem Solver 4 Steps
- Decide you’re going to solve this
- Get perspective from others who have successfully dealt with such problem before
- Remember a tough time in your life when you pulled yourself through
- Believe that you’re guided as long as you’re doing something for the greater good, & that if you’re committed, there is always a way
Define Current Situation
- define as factually as possible without your “Story”
- Do not call it a problem, call it a situation
Get Clear Vision for What you really want
- Write down exactly how you want this situation to turn out
List of Resources Available & any constraints or limitations you may have
- Who do you know that can help
- Physical resources – e.g. Money, time, etc.
- Information available that you are not maximizing
- Real Constraints
6 Steps to Effective Decision Making OOC/EMR
OOC – OUTCOMES, OPTIONS, CONSEQUENCES
EMR – EVALUATE, MITIGATE, RESOLVE
- One Option is No Choice
- Two Options is a dilemma
- Three Options is a Choice
- Upsides & Downsides of each option
- What could you gain or what would it cost you?
- What outcomes are affected?
- How important is each upside/downside in terms of meeting your outcomes (Scale 0-10)
- What is the probability that the upside/downside will occur (0-100%)
- What is the emotional benefit or consequence if this option were to actually happen?
- Review the downside consequences from each of your remaining options. Brainstorm alternative ways to eliminate or reduce downside.
- Select the Best Option & strengthen your resolve to make it work
- Resolve that no matter what happens, this option will give you a win
- Design your plan for implementation & then take massive action. Develop a plan for its attainment
6 comments for “Power of Effective Decision Making”