Character Growth Determines the Height of Your Personal Growth
“We Are Human Beings, Not Human Doings”
Achievement to most people is something you do… to the high achiever, it is something you are – Doug Firebaugh
To Be a Success, Think like a Success – Be intentional about your personal growth
The Value Of Character – The quality most admired in leaders is “Honesty”
Honesty has been selected more often than any other leadership characteristic.
If you cannot trust yourself, you won’t be able to grow. Good character, with honesty and integrity at its score, is essential to success in any area of life.
Rungs on Character Ladder
Your Potential Is Found One Rung at A time
Focus on being better on the inside than the outside – Character Matters
- The Inside influences the outside – As we think in our hearts, so we become.
- Inside victories precede outside ones – Before you can do, you must be. The right motions outwardly with wrong motives inwardly will not bring lasting progress. Continual growth and lasting success are the result of aligning the inside and the outside of our lives.
- Our inside development is totally within our control – How can you ever reach your potential and become the person you can be if others are making your choices for you?
- If you want to be successful, you must prioritize building your inside ahead of your outside.
Follow the Golden Rule – People Matter
Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. After all, in the end in all our relationships we are either plusses or minuses in the lives of others.
Teach what you believe – Passion Matters
Borrowed beliefs have no passion, therefore on power
Value humility above all virtues – Perspective Matters
The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story and writes another; and his humblest hour is when he compares the volume as it is with what he hoped to make it – J.M. Barrie
- Remember the Big Picture
- Recognize that everyone has weaknesses
- Be Teachable
- Be willing to serve others
- Be Grateful
Strive to finish well – Faithfulness Matters
Do the right thing and you feel right. Do the wrong thing and you feel bad. If you take control of your behavior, your emotions will fall into place.
The Stronger Your Character, The Greater Your Growth Potential