This is an amazing book by Dr. John Maxwell.
Connecting is the ability to identify with people and relate to them in a way that increases your influence with them. The ability to communicate and connect with others is a major determining factor in reaching your potential. To be successful, you must work with others. To do that at your absolute best, you must learn to connect.
Dr. Maxwell tells us how to connect one-on-one, in a group or with an audience.
The book is divided into two parts
Five Principles and Five Practices
Connecting Principles – Foundational for understanding how to connect with people
- Connecting Increases Your Influence in Every Situation
- Connecting is All about Others
- Connecting Goes Beyond Words
- Connecting Always Requires Energy
- Connecting is More Skill Than Natural Talent
Connecting Practices – You can do to connect with others regardless of age, experience, or natural ability
- Connectors Connect on Common Ground
- Connectors Do the Difficult Work of Keeping it Simple
- Connectors Create an Experience Everyone Enjoys
- Connectors Inspire People
- Connectors Live What They Communicate
CONNECTING IS EVERYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO COMMUNICATION!
When you have connected with someone you can sense:
- Extra Effort
- Unsolicited Appreciation
- Unguarded Openness
- Increased Communication
- Enjoyable Experiences
- Emotional Boundedness
- Positive Energy
- Growing Synergy
- Unconditional Love