Jim Rohn – The Challenge to Succeed – CD2 Shaping your Attitude
Learning Lessons from the Audio CD (as interpreted & understood by me)
A few simple things practiced everyday will change your life
You need the truth – It will liberate you
Jim Rohn on how your Philosophy is influenced and shaped:
READ ALL THE BOOKS – Create your library of Success – it should be library of a serious student!
KEEP JOURNALS – Don’t trust your memory. Jot it all down
Some good books
Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
Walk away from the 97% – Join the 3% who are successful. Be a part of the FEW! Take charge of your own life, Your own day:
You should have:
- Viewing Library
- Listening Library
- Reading Library
Formal Education gets you a Job! Self Education gets you Rich!
Formal Education gets makes you a Living! Self Education makes you a FORTUNE!
Miracle of Mind – Never begrudge the money your spend on yourself to improve your mind.
SECOND MAJOR PIECE TO LIFE’S PUZZLE
It is how we Feel. Life does not start with Inspiration – Life change starts with Education!
Attitude – “It costs too much” reality “You can’t afford it” – It is not “IT” but “YOU”
- It is how you feel about the Past – Treat it like a school – Don’t let it beat you, reach into your past for EXPERIENCE!
- How you feel about the Future – It is called a “Promise”. For every promise
- There is a price to pay. If the Promise is Clear the price is Easy. If you don’t see the future clearly you won’t pay the price. Challenge is to have a well-designed future.
- How you feel about Everybody – You can’t succeed by yourself. “We all need Each Other”.
- It is how you feel about Yourself – Understanding your self-worth is the challenge. Consider yourself valuable & give your contribution to all and then draw from it.
What shapes our Attitude
- Education – Emotions must go to school – they should serve you not embarrass you.
- Attitude is greatly shaped by influences and associations – Never mistake the power of influence – It is powerful and suttle.
Three Questions to ask yourself
- Who am I around?
- What are they doing to me?
- Is that Ok?
It may be Ok but check as after every few years you may be off course.
After Evaluation – If needed:
Disassociate – Walk away. Just say NO. Put some distance between yourself & the wrong influence
Limited Association – Refine your study
Expanded Association – Find more people who you need to associate with and expand those associations.
THIRD MAJOR PIECE TO LIFE’S PUZZLE
We are affected by what we do – It is the labor part
“New Life only comes through Labor”
Wisdom uninvested in labor is wasted
Faith uninvested in labor is wasted
Put a good idea in labor