This is the 3rd Law of 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth. As read and understood by me.
LAW 3 – The Law of The Mirror – You must see value in yourself to add value to yourself
Many people fail to grow and reach their potential as they have low self-esteem. Many people don’t believe in themselves.
Look in the mirror and see if it time to make some changes.
You get a chance to be anyone you want.
You have to determined, motivated and focused. You need to recognize your value and begin to add value to yourself. You have to find your motivation.
Self Esteem is the Single most significant key to a person’s behavior
We can do very few things in a positive way if we feel negative about ourselves.
“No factor is more important in people’s psychological development and motivation that the value judgments they make about themselves.” – Nathaniel Branden
People are never able to outperform their self-image.
You shouldn’t become too concerned about what others might think of you. You should be more concerned about what you think of yourself. You don’t have to accept what people say you have to be.
STEPS TO BUILD YOUR SELF ESTEEM
- Guard your Self-Talk – If we want to change our lives, we have to change the way we think of ourselves. If we want to change the way we think of ourselves, we need to change the way we talk to ourselves. You need to become your own encourager. Every time you do a good job, don’t let it pass; give yourself a compliment.
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Others – When you compare yourself to others, either you perceive the other person to be far ahead of you and you feel discouraged, or your perceive yourself to be better than the other person, and you become proud. The only one you should compare yourself to is you. Make it your mission to become better today than you were yesterday.
- Move beyond your Limiting Beliefs – The greatest limitations people experience on their lives are usually the ones they impose upon themselves.
Jack Canfield recommends
Identify a limiting belief that you want to change
Determine how the belief limits you
Decide how you want to be, act or feel
Create a turnaround statement that affirms or give you permission to be, act, or feel this new way
- Add Value to others – Making a difference – even a small one – in the lives of other people lifts one’s self-esteem. It’s hard to feel bad about yourself when you’re doing something good for someone else.
- Do the Right Thing, Even if it’s the Hard Thing – When you don’t do the right thing, it makes you feel guilty, which makes you feel bad about yourself. All this harms you as a person and your self-esteem.
- Practice a Small Disciple Daily in a Specific Area of your life – If there is an area in your life that seems overwhelming to you – health, work, family or something else – try chipping away at it a little bit every day instead of trying to tackle it all at once.
- Celebrate Small Victories
- Embrace a Positive Vision for your Life based on what you value
- Practice One Word Strategy – This comes from the book “Aspire” by Kevin Hall – select the one word that best describes you. What you focus on expands.
- Take responsibility of your life – We tend to get in life what we are willing to tolerate. If we don’t have a plan and purpose for our lives, we will become part of someone else’s.
You will need to believe in yourself to get started. Just keep moving forward, and keep believing.
To apply the Law of Mirror in your life:
- Make a list of all your best personal qualities. Don’t stop until you have written a hundred positive things about yourself.
- Keep track to how you talk to yourself
- How much time every day and every week do you spend focusing on others and adding value to them?
1 comment for “The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth – Law 3 – The Law of The Mirror”