This is the 5th Law of 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth. As read and understood by me.
LAW 5 – The Law of Consistency – Motivation Gets You Going – Discipline Keeps You Growing
How to Grow in Consistency – By knowing the What, how, why and when of personal improvement.
Do you know what you need to improve:
You must develop yourself to be successful.
Don’t just MASTER your job MASTER yourself.
Your future is dependent upon your personal growth.
DAILY IMPROVEMENT – Improving yourself daily guarantees you a future filled with possibilities.
“The successful person has the habit of doing the things that failures don’t like to do. The successful person doesn’t like to do them either, but his dislike is subordinated to the strength of his purpose.” – E. M. Gray
Do you know how you are supposed to improve?
To grow most people need knowledge, experience and coaching.
Match your motivation to your personality
If you are certified to use any of the many personality profiles, this would be the place to begin exploring the use of these. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, DiSC & Personality Plus)
- Not everyone has the same personality strengths
- Start with the Simple Stuff – Start small with simple stuff, # 1 Problem is attempting too much. Result is discouragement.
- Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time. – Master the Basics
- Master the Basics – “Discipline” is really a muscle to be developed – After mastering the basics practice them every day, this consistency will lead to great achievement gained slowly over time.
- Don’t use the excuse of “failing” for losing discipline.
- Practicing discipline will grow consistency.
- Remember, you will miss 100 percent of the goals you never set.
“Have Patience. All things are difficult before they become easy” – Saadi
Value the Process – Enjoy the Journey
- In our “instant access” world, “process” is the victim.
- You are exactly where you should be given all that you have done to get here – so the real question is, what habits do you need to change over time to make the difference?
- Daily goals will pave the path to direction change, which will construct the road to total life change.
Do You Know Why You Want To Keep Improving?
1. This is the question of your own motives and life purpose
2. Take “The why Test”
- Do you constantly procrastinate on important tasks?
- Do you require coaxing to do small chores?
- Do you perform duties just to get by?
- Do you constantly talk negatively about your work?
- Do efforts of friends to encourage you irritate you instead?
- Do you start projects and abandon them?
- Do you avoid self-improvement opportunities?
DISCIPLINE AND MOTIVATION ARE TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN
3. Has “quitting” become a habit?
Do You Know When You Are supposed To Improve?
- Life change must occur daily
- You need Today to be Everyday
DISCIPLINE IS THE BRIDGE BETWEEN GOALS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND THAT BRIDGE MUST BE CROSSED EVERYDAY.
BECOME GROWTH CONSCIOUS INSTEAD OF BEING GOAL CONSCIOUS
IF YOU DEVELOP THE HABITS OF SUCCESS, YOU’LL MAKE SUCCESS A HABIT!
Motivation get you going, but disciple keeps you growing. That is the Law of Consistency.