This is the 7th Law of 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth. As read and understood by me.
LAW 7 – The Law of Design – To Maximize Growth, Develop Strategies
“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they may have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
I. Glancing Backward, Planning Forward
Glance back at your year and plan for the next year
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUE FOR BEING STRATEGIC. TO MAXIMIZE GROWTH, YOU MUST DEVELOP STRATEGIES. THAT IS THE LAW OF DESIGN.
II. Life Lessons
Most people allow their lives to simply happen to them
Life is very simple, but keeping it that way is very difficult
- Life is simple when we make specific plans according to our specific values
- Keeping plans simple can be found in these questions:
- Can it be received personally? – Can a person internalize it?
- Can it be repeated easily?
- Can it be transferred strategically? – Is it dependent on a specific understanding, or can it be passed on through different cultures?
Designing Your Life Is More Important Than Designing Your Career
Most people spend more time planning for Christmas of their Vacation. They focus on what they think will give them the greatest return.
- Who you are will most accurately determine what you do.
- Planning should always be about who you are – about finding about yourself, then customizing a design for your growth. Draw the blueprint for your life and then apply it to your career.
Life Is Not a Dress Rehearsal
- Life comes with neither an instruction manual nor a chance to warm up.
- It is also true that nothing about your past determines your future.
In Planning Your Life, Multiply Everything by Two
- Be aware that plans look really good on paper, so be ready to expand the resources of time, money and energy accordingly.
Give three times the effort and energy to growing yourself. Allow yourself to grow slowly and with deep roots.
III. To Develop Strategies, Depend On Systems
“Systems permit ordinary people to achieve extraordinary results predictably.” Michael Gerber, author of The E-Myth
- Personal growth can and will come systematically
- There is a saying in business: Systems are the solutions – What is a system? It’s a process for predictably achieving a goal based on specific, orderly, repeatable principles and practices. Systems leverage your time, money and abilities.
- Effective Systems Include:
- Considering the big picture – We must have the end result in mind when building an effective system
- Make use of our priorities – What is the highest and best use of your time right now?
- A good measurement of the outcome – Without a metric of our own system, there is no way to know if we are succeeding – Knowing where you are, where you want to be, and the chances of getting there…….that is measurement.
- Application – A good system answers the question: “What now?” Both plan and action must go together. People who develop systems that include action steps are almost always more successful than people who don’t.
- Where can I use this?
- When can I use this?
- Who needs to know this?
- Promote consistency – A good system should predict the outcome reliably. This is a daily practice of doing the right things over and over again. Money mistakes can be corrected. But once time has passed, it’s gone forever. You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.
1 comment for “The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth – LAW 7 – The Law of Design”